The Flying Carpet

Monday, October 06, 2008

White Mountains Hike

My dad and I went back to the Whites, in the fall this time. On our drive up to Mnt Washtington we got a little suprise, snow at the summit:


My dad making good time at the base of Mnt Washington on the day of the big hike




The trail is mostly rock, as we go up and up the cold weather gear comes on





My dad and I rest and enjoy a fogged in overlook





Entering Tuckerman's Ravine:



The headwall where I turned around. I knew I could make it up, but down would be another issue altogether:




Tuckerman's Ravine as seen from a neighboring peak the next day:



I was disappointed that we couldn't summit, but since I didn't get hypothermia this year or destroy my ankle I would say the hike was a success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home