The Flying Carpet

Monday, February 13, 2006

Valentine's Day

Don't worry, V-day is not going to send me into a tailspin of depression due to being alone. For starters I am pretty sure that I am going to have to do mandatory overtime tomorrow night, so I will be too busy to feel bad for myself. I think that I will end up in the main pharmacy pulling the AM pill line, a post I have avoided to this point. I have always assumed that I would be a very poor combination of bored and therefore inaccurate at this job. Trial by fire tomorrow night.

Looking back I really can't recall ever having done anything terribly special on Valentine's Day. One year around V-day I was dating a guy who went to Virginia Tech. I found a ride on the ride board and went down to see him. This was my one and only time to Blacksburg, and the only Valentine's Day that I can remember at all. We ended up eating at Subway for Valentine's night as he had not made reservations. He knew I was coming to visit. That one didn't last long.

This year I got myself a present. I went online and ordered some fun, modern, semi-precious jewelry. Two necklaces and a set of earrings. I know this sounds lavish, but the stuff is really pretty inexpensive. I don't want to reveal my source because I also ordered some birthday gifts for my spring birthday friends from the same website to save on shipping. I don't want everyone to know the true extent of my cheapness. Even though I ordered the stuff a few weeks ago, I have them wrapped in my desk drawer. I get to open it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home